Tuesday, July 17, 2007

CACHAO AT THE BLUE NOTE

"Mambo Man" - Israel "Cachao" Lopez - is on the cover of this month's AllAboutJazz NY addition.


Israel "CACHAO" Lopez came to the Blue Note last week
from Thursday to Sunday and blew the crowd away with his energy and chops. At 89 years old, Cachao is showing no signs of slowing down.

CLICK "READ MORE" BELOW TO SEE PHOTOS OF THE SHOW!!!

Cachao at the Blue Note


Cachao and his vocalist have a laugh on stage


Special guest clarinetist Paquito D'Rivera sits in with the band


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wish that I could have been there to hear and see El Gran Cachao live! I've seen him several times before, but it has definitely been too long. I'll bet that having Paqtuio swing by certainly brought up the heat too. There's a great interview with Cachao on the All About Jazz site, that I'm assuming happened during this show. Thanks for the great pics, looking forward to Cachao coming back out to the West Coast!